There are three progressions leading to the pain of indigestion:
- Antecedents – An antecedent is something that comes before something else. It could be something like stress, an enzyme deficiency or an imbalance in probiotics. FloraVita™ and Adaptuit™ might be helpful in addressing many antecedents of indigestion.
- Triggers – Anything from food allergies to infections, toxins, bad food combinations and overeating can be a trigger. Your trigger is whatever triggers indigestion in you today – right now, and they can change over time.
- Inflammatory mediators – These are the chemicals secreted by your cells to help correct the imbalance created by antecedents and triggers. Inflammation is your body’s way of coping with injury, toxicity, certain deficiencies (a fiber deficiency, for example, may cause indigestion), and stress. Indigestion causes pain and discomfort which can motivate us to do something that restores balance.
Some tips for reducing indigestion include:
- Eat in a happy environment, preferably surrounded by people you love and happy conversation.
- Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly until it is liquid.
- Select high-fiber, low-sugar foods.
- Don’t combine sweet foods with concentrated proteins.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol.
- Don’t overeat.
If stress is an antecedent of indigestion for you, consider taking one ounce of Adaptuit at the beginning of each meal. If you believe low enzymes or imbalanced probiotics are a source of indigestion for you, consider taking two FloraVita at the beginning of each meal.
Food allergies are real and valid causes of indigestion. Consider being tested for food allergies if you experience frequent heartburn and indigestion. Infections such as Helicobacter pylori can also cause indigestion and require medical treatment; there is often a zinc deficiency near the root of many digestive infections. Zinc is an essential mineral found in a daily multi-nutrient complex like TriVita’s Wellavoh™ and VitaDaily™ AM/PM.
Many people find relief from indigestion by following these simple suggestions and taking Nopalea™ once or twice daily. Nopalea reduces inflammation that may be causing the “fire in the belly” called indigestion that affects millions of people!
Note: Always see your physician when you have chronic indigestion as this may be a sign of a serious condition.