Needed – A Weight Loss Plan That Works!
Losing weight is a challenge. On that, we can all agree. Every day healthcare professionals argue over the cause(s) of obesity: is it nature or nurture? If we say that the problem is “nature” (genetics), we may feel like victims and feel there is nothing we can do. Saying it is “nurture” (behavior) may make us feel even worse, like we are real failures. Let’s try to “lose the labels” and deal with weight loss in a positive and constructive way..
You need a program that speaks to you as an individual because what solves the problem for someone else may not be exactly be what you need. However, one strategy that helps everyone in the weight-loss struggle is to create a deficit between the calories we eat and the calories we burn – fewer calories “in,” more calories “out.” This simple formula will give you the best chance for success with weight loss.
From early childhood until today, one of the most important choices you make concerns your diet. You must have choices and they must be your own. You need to realize that restricting yourself from available choices goes against your basic nature. A restrictive diet is doomed to failure. So, to avoid failure, select a diet that is simple and appealing to you. Do this first, and you will have a greater chance for success.
Your first challenge in diet selection will be committing to the discipline of thinking ahead instead of eating impulsively. So, start with something small and attainable:
- Many health experts recommend fresh fruits and vegetables daily
- 5 servings for children
- 7 servings for women
- 9 servings for men
- Add high quality protein such as seafood, poultry or lean red meats to your diet every day
- Drink plenty of water
These easy steps can be accomplished today! Remember, the time you spend selecting your right diet is an investment in your health and your future. Give it the attention it deserves.
Calories in – calories OUT!
Weight loss will only occur when you burn more calories than you consume.
Exercise is your key to permanent, lifetime weight control. If you are serious about getting that excess weight off, accept this a fact. However, exercise does not have to be a punishment; it can really be pleasurable. The “secret” is finding something you enjoy doing. Prevent exercise boredom by starting with three forms of activity. Add more activities every month. Get in the habit of participating in at least 30 minutes of activity every day.
There are two types of exercise that you need every week:
- Aerobic exercise is any activity that increases your need for oxygen. Aerobics make you breathe harder. You need at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise most days of the week. This can include walking, swimming and an exercise bike. If you’re new to exercise, start out slowly and get your doctor’s approval first. As the weather gets cooler, look for indoor alternatives like a brisk walk at your local mall.Aerobic exercise provides several benefits; it can balance hormones, relieve anxiety and depression, and mobilize your energy for the great works of your life. Aerobic exercise speeds up your metabolism.But how does metabolism originate? It comes from your lean body mass – your muscles! That is the domain of resistance training.
- Progressive resistance training is any exercise that uses some mechanical means of increasing the load to the muscle. These include weights, bands, springs and many other methods. The key to success is to progressively increase the weight or resistance over time. This results in more lean body mass and less fat mass. If you increase your muscle strength, you increase the “engines” that produce muscle energy. Nothing builds metabolism (muscle energy) as well as progressive resistance training. You can get useful training tips at your local library or by going online.
Supplements for weight loss
The Smart Weight Loss System can also be an important part of your weight loss plan. It represents the critical difference between success and failure in lifetime weight control for many people. The System has three components:
- Fat burning capsules – Leanology
Weight Loss Capsules help increase metabolism and energy to support your body’s ability to burn more calories, AND they help limit cortisol production – the stress-induced hormone that can lead to abdominal fat.
- Snack replacement chews – Leanology
Appetite Control Chews contain ingredients that are clinically proven to help curb the appetite and contain fewer calories than other snacks.
- Nutritional shakes – Leanology
Nutritional Shakes can be used as a low calorie meal substitute; they provide a healthy balance of wholesome carbohydrates, proteins, good fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
However, you must always remember that these are supplements; they supplement a healthy diet and exercise program. Use them wisely as an important part of your total wellness program.