Start Weight Loss With Vitamin C Flush
I’m often asked what preparation a person should make prior to beginning a weight loss program. Removal of toxins is at the top of my list. Over time, your body collects toxins, or poisons, that can damage your health. They collect in your lymphatic system and can affect your body’s ability to heal itself.
An effective way to remove these toxins is to do a vitamin C flush just prior to starting your weight loss program.
What is the lymphatic system?
The lymphatic or “lymph” system is an important part of the immune system. It’s made up of vessels, organs, nodes and ducts that help maintain fluid balance in your body and, the lymph system makes, stores and carries white blood cells throughout your body.
Toxins can collect in your lymph nodes where two-thirds of your immune system resides. If the lymph nodes are full of toxins, your body will not respond correctly to new stresses. Also, allergies and autoimmune diseases can start in these nodes when they are full of waste. A process called a “Vitamin C flush” can help your body rid itself of this waste.
The Vitamin C flush
The Vitamin C flush can help stimulate your lymphatic system and help you calculate the maximum amount of Vitamin C your body can use every day. Here’s how it works:
- Begin your flush in the morning on an empty stomach; plan for at least 4 hours. It will not take that long but you want to have that time to comfortably recover from the flush.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Non-Acidic Vitamin C Crystals in water every 15 minutes until the lymph system “flushes.” Record each dose so you will know how many it took to achieve the “flush.”Important note: Some people report loose stools or even diarrhea with large amounts of Vitamin C. The lymph flush is not to be confused with diarrhea. Lymph fluid is plasma – mostly water. You will know your lymph system has flushed when you release large amounts of fluid through your bowels. This is the point where your body can no longer absorb Vitamin C.
- Multiply the number of teaspoons of Vitamin C it took to flush by 0.75. This is the maximum number of teaspoons you can use in a day.
- Divide the number of daily teaspoons by 3; this will be your serving in the morning, midday and evening.
- Finish the bottle of Vitamin C at this reduced serving. You may continue taking this amount daily for several months if desired.
Example: 8 teaspoons to flush x 0.75 = 6
Take no more than 6 teaspoons of Vitamin C per day
Example: Maximum of 6 teaspoons
6 ÷ 3 = 2 teaspoons
2 teaspoons in the morning
2 teaspoons at midday
2 teaspoons in the evening
The average person may find it useful to flush 1-4 times per year. In time, and after several flushes, you may see that your daily Vitamin C requirements go down to what may be considered a more normal serving – one or two teaspoons, twice a day.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.